Give your business a boost!
As a Northwest Territories Tourism (NWTT) member, you benefit from our many programs designed to support and promote your tourism business. We offer our members opportunities for discounted advertising and marketing support, co-op advertising buy-ins through web, consumer shows and print media and opportunities for professional development. NWTT also advocates on your behalf. Sign up and save today!
Take a look at all of the benefits of membership in NWT Tourism listed below. With significant savings on advertising, free package listings, discounts on design and web services, free access to sales leads and preferred treatment in other marketing areas, can you afford to not be a member in NWT Tourism?
NWTT Website – spectacularnwt.com
- The NWT Tourism website gets over 20,000 visitors per month and traffic to individual operator listings is stubstantial.
- NWTT members are entitled to a tourism business listing on spectacularnwt.com which can include a link to member websites.
- As a member, you can manage your own business listing on the NWTT website.
- Upload your own photos.
- Edit your own listings.
- If you prefer, we offer in-house support to help you manage your web listing on spectacularnwt.com.
- Member operators get preferred placement on the "Operators" area of the Spectacular website.
- Also on the site is an ad system specifically created to target people by topic area. Members can take advantage of this to promote their website or enhance their profile. Contact our Marketing Partnerships Coordinator for more information.
Any Northwest Territories Tourism member in good standing can supply information for a package offered to consumers to be included, at no cost, within the packages directory of the SpectacularNWT.com website, to a maximum of 3 packages per fiscal year (April 1-March 31). To create a package, fill out the following form: www.spectacularnwt.com/package-submission
The Explorers’ Guide: Send your message to the world
The Spectacular NWT Explorers’ Guide promotes the NWT within Canada and around the world. This annual publication appears both in print and online.
Members have first right of refusal for ads in the Explorers' Guide. This opportunity is normally available in the fall each year.
Save up to 35% when you buy into NWTT co-operative ads in both print and web.
- NWTT purchases full-page, full-colour ads in a variety of fishing, hunting, outdoor adventure, touring and general interest magazines, newspapers and websites. NWTT members can capitalize on this spectacular global opportunity to feature their tourism business to a wider audience by purchasing space in these co-operative advertising endeavours.
- Member ads are formatted to maintain a uniform “look and feel” and then embedded into the NWT Tourism full-page ads, giving the participating operators greater exposure than they would receive if they purchased ad space in the same publication independently.
- NWTT purchases bulk booth space at select Outdoor Adventure and Sportsmen’s shows. Save money when you attend these shows and benefit from a greater NWT presence as NWTT purchases a block booth space so all of our operators are together.
E-Newsletter – e-NWT!
- Preferred consideration for the New and Notable area of the e-NWT. Our newsletter is circulated to over 20,000 interested parties who have registered wit us to be kept advised of what is new and exciting in tourism experiences and products available in the NWT.
- FYI news blasts sent regularly to members only.
- Exclusive for members of NWT Tourism: Receive the latest tourism news, opportunities and information from NWT Tourism. Messages are sent electronically on a regular basis to our members only and events and news is posted on our member website for easy access.
- Free access to Sales Leads and Statistics.
- Sales leads are gathered as individuals send requests for more information to NWTT via the spectacularnwt.com website or by calling NWTT’s call centre. Take advantage of these leads in real time enjoying the benefit from NWTT’s support and turning enquiries directed to NWTT into potential new business bookings for your business. and news is posted on our member website for easy access.
- Members who are Market Ready receive preferred selection for participation on Media Familiarization Tours.
- Members who are Trade Ready Operators receive preferred selection for Travel Trade Familiarization Tours.
- NWTT hosts Media and Trade Familiarization (FAM) Tours throughout the year showcasing the spectacular activities, attractions, facilities and services available in the NWT.
- The purpose of a FAM tour is to give travel media or travel agents the opportunity to experience NWT tourism product first hand. By experiencing NWT Tourism product first-hand media and travel trade are able to dispense more accurate and interesting information about tourism experiences and opportunities in the NWT to large numbers of potential visitors who are looking for information to select their next travel experience.
- Eligible NWTT members have the opportunity to participate in FAM tours, based on the criteria set for each tour.
Tourism Trade Shows
- Where NWTT goes, you can go! We promote your tourism business at trade shows in Canada and around the world – Japan, South Korea, China, Australia, the United States and Germany – by displaying your posters and brochures at our booth.
- Are you interested in attending a trade show? We offer our members access to our Spectacular NWT banners and posters to help attract that extra attention for you at consumer trade shows you might be attending without us.
Design and Web Services
- As a member of NWT Tourism you are entitled to a discount for professional marketing, design, and web related services done through our Agency of Record (AOR). Contact NWTT for AOR services and rate card.
Annual Tourism Cconference Privileges
- Reduced registration fee at the Annual Tourism Conference.
- Voting privileges for the Board of Directors if member dues are paid on or before July 31st of that year.
- Opportunities to present and vote on resolutions at the AGM, setting advocacy priorities for the organization.
Each year NWTT holds a conference in conjunction with our Annual General Meeting (AGM). NWTT encourages all NWTT members to attend. This event gives an unparalleled opportunity for member networking. It gives us the opportunity to present information sessions relevant to your tourism business as well as to share our achievements in all the sectors and to provide an update on our marketing and advocacy activities. We value the experiences and insights our membership provides to us at this event.
- Stay up to date on new tourism trends. To advance professional development in tourism businesses, NWTT has valuable resources which are made available at no cost to NWTT members. For example, check out our BMT Standards training program, developed in partnership with Tourism Yukon and Nunavut Tourism.
Advocacy: Voicing your concerns
- NWTT wants to hear from its membership about issues that affect tourism businesses and the tourism sector. With your information and input, we can advocate for your needs. NWTT works closely with the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) on issues of national interest and meets each year with Legislators issues related to tourism, providing recommendations to strengthen our industry.
- NWTT provides leadership and raises the profile of the tourism industry in the NWT through media, public relations and networking. We work cooperatively with government and the private sector on initiatives that improve facilities, services and attractions.
- NWTT partners with other tourism industry organizations – Destination Canada, Yukon Tourism, Travel Nunavut, Travel Alberta, Destination BC and others - on projects that benefit the entire NWT as a growing and vibrant tourism destination and, a great place to work, play and visit.
- At the same time, NWTT keeps its members up-to-date on the bigger picture of tourism in Canada and around the world.
- One paid membership allows you to have one listing in the Explorer’s Guide online, and one listing on the spectacularnwt website.
- Membership is due on April 1 each year.
- Member privileges will be suspended after April 30 for non-payment of membership fees and will be reinstated when membership fees have been paid.
- Members wishing to vote, either in person or by proxy, must have paid their dues in full no later than July 31 and cannot have any outstanding invoices with NWTT.