Give your business a boost!
As a Northwest Territories Tourism (NWTT) member, you benefit from our many programs designed to support and promote your tourism business. We offer our members opportunities for discounted advertising and marketing support, co-op advertising buy-ins through web, consumer shows and print media and opportunities for professional development. NWTT also advocates on your behalf. Sign up and save today!
Take a look at all of the benefits of membership in NWT Tourism listed below. With significant savings on advertising, free package listings, discounts on design and web services, free access to sales leads and preferred treatment in other marketing areas, can you afford to not be a member in NWT Tourism?
- The NWT Tourism website receives over 400,000 unique visitors per year who view over 1,000,000 pages on the website.
- Packages and Stories are the most-viewed content on the website, and jumpoffs to tourism operator websites is substantial.
- Our Facebook following is in excess of 70,000, and our combined social media following is over 114,000. Boosting a post for your business on our channels gets you access to this community.
- There are many co-op opportunities available. A co-op package developed by NWT Tourism staff is sent out to all members and made available through the co-op program.
no cost opportunities
NWTT Website – spectacularnwt.com
- Appear first at the top of all directories over non-members
- Members can have up to 5 photos to support your main listing
- All of your social media accounts can be linked to your listing - Facebook, Trip Advisor, etc.
- You can use a contact form for consumers to contact you directly from the website with any inquiries they may have (this is optional and completely up to you).
- For tourism operators: you can manage your own business listing on the NWTT website.
- Upload your own photos.
- Edit your own listings.
- If you prefer, we offer in-house support to help you manage your web listing on spectacularnwt.com.
List up to three FREE Packages on the website per fiscal year
- List up to three packages on the spectacularnwt.com website for free each year. Remember, packages are the number one type of content on the website! Members can supply information and a photo for each package to be included within the packages directory of the spectacularnwt.com.website. Be sure to take advantage of this free offer to members.
Member to Member Benefits
As a member, you can share exclusive discounts/offers to other members through our member website at no cost to you. Simply let us know about the offer you would like to make to other members, and we can help you craft this and put it on our member website
Be given priority to Participate in Familiarization (FAM) tours hosted by NWT Tourism
The purpose of a FAM tour is to give the participants the opportunity to experience NWT tourism product first hand. By experiencing NWT Tourism product first-hand media, travel trade and MCIT participants are able to dispense more accurate and interesting information about tourism experiences and opportunities in the NWT to large numbers of potential visitors who are looking for information to select their next travel experience.
Members are given first priority when NWT Tourism is working with visiting media, travel trade representatives and Meeting, Conference & Incentive Travel FAM tours. As a member, you have an opportunity to work with us and showcase your tourism operation to outlets in national and/or international markets.
- Members who are Market Ready receive preferred selection for participation on Media Familiarization Tours.
- Members who are Trade Ready Operators receive preferred selection for Travel Trade Familiarization Tours.
- Members who are involved with hosting Meetings, Conferences and Incentive Travel trips received preferred selection for these FAM tours.
- Eligible NWTT members have the opportunity to participate in FAM tours, based on the criteria set for each tour.
- Exclusive for members of NWT Tourism: Receive the latest tourism news, opportunities and information from NWT Tourism. Messages are sent electronically on a regular basis to our members only, and events and news items are posted on our member website for easy access.
- Free access to Sales Leads and Statistics.
- Sales leads are gathered as individuals send requests for more information to NWTT via the spectacularnwt.com website or by calling NWTT’s call centre. Take advantage of these leads in real time enjoying the benefit from NWTT’s support and turning enquiries directed to NWTT into potential new business bookings for your business. and news is posted on our member website for easy access.
Advocacy: Voicing your concerns
- NWTT wants to hear from its membership about issues that affect tourism businesses and the tourism sector. With your information and input, we can advocate for your needs. NWTT works closely with the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) on issues of national interest and meets each year with Legislators issues related to tourism, providing recommendations to strengthen our industry.
- NWTT provides leadership and raises the profile of the tourism industry in the NWT through media, public relations and networking. We work cooperatively with government and the private sector on initiatives that improve facilities, services and attractions.
- NWTT partners with other tourism industry organizations – Destination Canada, Yukon Tourism, Travel Nunavut, Travel Alberta, Destination BC and others - on projects that benefit the entire NWT as a growing and vibrant tourism destination and, a great place to work, play and visit.
- At the same time, NWTT keeps its members up-to-date on the bigger picture of tourism in Canada and around the world.
Reduced Cost Opportunities
NWTT purchases bulk booth space at select Outdoor Adventure and Sportsmen’s shows. Save money when you attend these shows and benefit from a greater NWT presence as NWTT purchases a block booth space so all of our operators are together.
Tourism Trade Shows
- Where NWTT goes, you can go! We promote your tourism business at trade shows in Canada and around the world – Japan, South Korea, China, Australia, the United States and Germany – by displaying your posters and brochures at our booth.
- Are you interested in attending a trade show? We offer our members access to our Spectacular NWT banners and posters to help attract that extra attention for you at consumer trade shows you might be attending without us.
Access an opportunity to participate in trade missions that may arise
When NWT Tourism participates in Trade Missions, which we have done several times in the past two years, only members have an opportunity to buy into the opportunity.
The Explorers’ Guide
The Spectacular NWT Explorers’ Guide promotes the NWT within Canada and around the world. This annual publication appears both in print and online.
Members have first right of refusal for ads in the Explorers' Guide. This opportunity is normally available in the fall each year.
Save up to 35% when you buy into NWTT co-operative ads in both print and web.
- NWTT purchases full-colour ads in a variety of publications and websites. NWTT members can capitalize on this spectacular global opportunity to feature their tourism business to a wider audience by purchasing space in these co-operative advertising endeavours.
- Member ads are formatted to maintain a uniform “look and feel” and then embedded into the NWT Tourism bigger ads, giving the participating operators greater exposure than they would receive if they purchased ad space in the same publication independently.
Design and Web Services
- As a member of NWT Tourism you are entitled to a discount for professional marketing, design, and web related services done through our Agency of Record (AOR). Contact NWTT for AOR services and rate card.
Annual Tourism Conference Privileges
- Reduced registration fee at the Annual Tourism Conference.
- Voting privileges for the Board of Directors if member dues are paid on or before July 31st of that year.
- Opportunities to present and vote on resolutions at the AGM, setting advocacy priorities for the organization.
Each year NWTT holds a conference in conjunction with our Annual General Meeting (AGM). NWTT encourages all NWTT members to attend. This event gives an unparalleled opportunity for member networking. It gives us the opportunity to present information sessions relevant to your tourism business as well as to share our achievements in all the sectors and to provide an update on our marketing and advocacy activities. We value the experiences and insights our membership provides to us at this event.
Things to be aware of:
- Membership is due on April 1 each year.
- Member privileges are suspended after April 30 each year for non-payment of membership fees and will be reinstated when membership fees have been paid.
- Members wishing to vote, either in person or by proxy, must have paid their dues in full no later than July 31 and cannot have any outstanding invoices with NWTT.